Vespers Session 3 2015
I love camp because…
- When the weathers bad I get to build a rain cave in my outside bedroom.
- No one can agree if The Sleeping Indian has a body or not.
- All it takes to get Kevin O’Shay Shay to stay for 6 weeks is to remind him he doesn’t want to leave.
- The most romantic song we play at dances is four Non-Blondes “what’s up”… and it is usually celebrated with bromantic couples dances.
- On French Dip lunch day I get to yell “Friendship Day” at everyone I pass. And Butterfly Briggs usually gets me an extra.
- The time moves faster, but means more. When we look back it feels like we arrived yesterday, but have known the friends we’ve made our entire lives.
- Some how these two weeks remain extraordinarily important all year long.
- Even more than all that I love that I get to spend this time with the JC’s. My kids are some of the greats.
- I love that Ryan never says what you expect. He is always surprise. And his creations are a too. Just ask Taylor to show you her JC Christmas guitar.
- I love a lot of things about Butterfly Briggs… Also known as Jonathan. But what has stood out most this summer is his desire to help. He has a heart for improving the lives of those around him… even through just small acts of kindness.
- Kevin O’Shay has been here so many sessions you would think I’d run out of things to say about him… but not quite yet. I love how motivated Kevin is. In order to stay this session he has to get some serious school work done in his free time. He has certainly taken that challenge, and what is more impressive is that I can see how that motivation comes out in him at activities as well.
- I love Trevor’s sense of humor. He has an understand subtle sense of humor that is all the funnier because you don’t always know he joking at first. He brings that postive energy with him everywhere he goes.
- Pierce is an insanely charismatic person. He is just plain like able. With that comes Pierce’s ability to connect with people. He is so good at creating relationships with people. He knows how to make others feel their best. I love that about him.
- Julia has a lot to love… noteable note… her laugh is incredible. But more than that I love Julia’s independence. She is fiercely independent. But she doesn’t push others away, she shares that strength with those around her and they are certainly better for knowing her.
- I love Karen’s flexibility. I know that she can handle anything we through at her. She has the kind of personality that can make anything fun and the creative mind to get there with little direction. I think she could make an amazing activity happen if we gave her a pile of rocks as materials.
- I love that Jonah is different than me… and we somehow manage to stay close. It takes a special kind of person to inherently value differences. People who are different are often scary or confusing but Jonah doesn’t have to find the good when faced with diversity. she just understands that those differences are valuable. Even if it means a bit more work to maintain a relationship.
- I think the thing I love most about Taylor is how much she reminds me of a toasted marshmellow. Overall she is genuinely sweet but she has this shell and while not unpleasant there is some structure to Taylor’s persona when you first meet her. She is a professional Coppercreeker for sure. But when you get passed the surface you get to see how gooey she is on the inside. Kind, and goofy; loving and supportive.
- I have had Emily in my cabin for a few years now, and I love that. It seems like every time we talk I learn something new about her. This session I have learned that Emily is not perfect. In the best possible way. She is learning to not only accept her imperfections but to celebrate them. And I am so glad. There is so much to celebrate about you.
- I love this place. I love this group. We are a family and I can’t wait to spend another week together.