WORK AT COPPERCREEK
Counselors and Other Staff Positions
Click here for general information.
Click here for frequently asked questions.
Click here for an on-line application.
Click here for job descriptions
Click here to download a reference form.
Applicants from countries other than the US and Canada need to apply through one of the International Exchange agencies. We work with BUNAC (www.bunac.org), Camp Leaders (www.campleaders.com), and Wild Packs (www.wildpacks.com).
We offer summer camp counseling opportunities in beautiful Plumas County, Feather River country, two hours north of Lake Tahoe.
We need incredibly talented people who can leap over tall buildings, get kids to eat the green things on their plate, pretend they love mosquito bites, and enjoy being dirty (at least once a day, anyway).
We are looking for people who
We like our staff to be over 21, but we do make exceptions for exceptional people, and the minimum age to apply for a riding instructor position is 19. Our staff must also have current CPR and First Aid by camp time. All positions may include cabin supervision.
- Are friendly, energetic and outgoing, even on 4 hours of sleep!
- Smile from their gut.
- Are willing to regularly dress up and act silly for the amusement of campers and their peers.
- Will actively participate in their camper's weekly skit
- Will get on stage in front of 100+ people and lead a song, whether they can carry a tune or not.
- Don't use or accept from others the words, I can't.
- Have a genuine love for kids and the outdoors.
- Are willing to try new things and not succeed the first time.
- Are willing to make mistakes and admit when they are wrong.
- Don't complain or gossip.
- Can give up most of their privacy and personal time for 10 weeks.
- Are ready to have the most amazing summer of their lives and to have a huge impact in the lives of the campers in their care!
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR ALL POSITIONS, but in particular, we need RIDING INSTRUCTORS, CLIMBING INSTRUCTORS AND GUITAR/SONGLEADERS. Please see Job Descriptions for more details.
WE NEED PEOPLE WHO ARE: EMT's, Wilderness First Responders, skilled in New Games, storytelling, have experience with children, sleep deprivation and just plain, good common sense.
If you have any questions, please call us at 530-284-7617 or 800-350-0006 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.